Free Running Free Download
The art of Parkour or Free Running is a way of life, developing the body and mind. The philosophy of Free Running is to view the environment, urban or natural, and its obstacles as a series of challenges. You will learn from a Free Running pioneer to overcome these barriers with fluidity. I got the PSP version of it a while ago to pay homage to Core Design, who worked on that port. I also got the PC version on CD too, but the latter didn’t work presumably due to on disk DRM that Windows 10 no longer supports. Now that it’s seen a rerelease on Steam, I snagged a copy faster than David Belle in Soap shoes. It plays like a cross between Mirror’s Edge and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones meets Tony Hawk’s Underground 2, having a large variety of moves, such as the chimney jump (tic tac), wall climb (vertical wallrun), classic wallrunning, ledge climb moves, Sonic Adventure 2 style soap grinding and even Shadow the Hedgehog style triangle jumps (horizontal tic tacs). Besides this, there’s skateboard style jump and ground tricks you do for points and raising a flow metre, which is required for getting silver and gold medals on certain goals. There’s not a lot of point to tricks other than style outside those medals, but it wouldn’t be a game about Free running specifically if it didn’t have them, as parkour and Free running are only similar, but slightly different sports. (PK is get from A to B as fast as you can and damn any obstacles, FR is the same but you are encouraged to be a showoff about it)
Free Running Directly Download
Minor gripes are that quite a few goals can be trial and error, such as the Ground Zero i.e. The Floor is Lava ones and the trick challenges. Freighter has the worst trick challenge as no matter how high I get my score in the space provided, it’s never enough to beat that goal. The second mentor challenge in Home took several tries too and wasn’t that fun at first. That’s based on the PSP version however, I’m yet to get there in this version to see if Frieghter’s horrible trick challenge been fixed, so hang in there. It’s also a shame that there’s not always a lot of slides in the levels I’ve seen so far nor soaping rails, with Docks being the best one for soaping as it has quite a few rails and they get rather long too, which is good because grinding in this game is the counterpart to ziplines in Tomb Raider 3: one of the best obstacles but underused. I also don’t like how there’s no ziplines or actual ladder climbing like Mirror’s Edge or Tomb Raider, but it’s only a small gripe, especially as ziplining down everyday cables is more an acceptable break from reality (i.e. fun but dangerous if not impossible IRL as proved by the Mythbusters) and this game is a bit more realistic than that. It’s also a bit of a faff to have to select goals in a menu rather than access them in the levels themselves via NPCs, story mode style like THUG & THUG 2, with Freestyle remaining as it is. Story is not really important in a game like this unlike THUG, but still. On top of that, the early maps at least seem pretty small, with the Mill and Docks being the best besides the training gym. (except Freighter. That one can tongue a waffle iron)
- The art of Parkour or Free Running is a way of life, developing the body and mind. The philosophy of Free Running is to view the environment, urban or natural, and its obstacles as a series of challenges. You will learn from a Free Running pioneer to overcome these barriers with fluidity. Join an elite group of athletes known as ‘Tracers’ (Free Runners) and race against other Free Runners, to possibly become the greatest Tracer of all time. The challenges ahead require supreme physical strength and imagination. Have you got what it takes? Multiplayer notice: Because official multiplayer servers have been taken offline, playing over the Internet is no longer supported. Playing through a LAN is still available
- More than 60 challenges spread over 10 different levels in 3 distinct zones, each with its own style of gameplay.
- Master over 50 moves, tricks and stunts including ‘Kong Vaults’, ‘Pharaoh Climbs’, ‘Rail Split – Vaults’ and ‘Vertical Wall Runs’ to be crowned the King of Parkour.
- 9 different challenge modes including ‘Race’, ‘Trick’ and ‘Target Collect’.
- Unlock new characters, clothes, tricks and music.
- Recreate your favourite Free Running moves and techniques.
- Free roaming gameplay
- OS: Windows 7 or Windows 10
- Processor: 1Ghz or above
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible 3D graphics card with 512Mb or above
- Storage: 1 GB available space